Monday 17 February 2014

The best of friends

How cute are these photos I took earlier of Henry and George?

One of the reasons I love Labradors so much is that they are brilliant with children and that was definitely a consideration for us when we got him 5 years ago. I honestly can't understand why people would have aggressive dogs and children in the same house? Just last week a baby was killed by a dog named 'Killer' - an illegal cross breed. Why would you even own one of those dogs? Let alone with a baby in the house. I really don't believe you can ever trust any dog 100% but I can honestly say that I trust all of the dogs in our family as much as I ever could do.

George hasn't really paid much attention to Henry and visa versa until the last month or so. Henry bats his hand around to stroke George and George is a lot more inquisitive about what Henry is doing now. Earlier I went upstairs to do some jobs and took Henry with me. I lay him down next to George and they both just looked at each other for a while. I kept watching them and slowly Henry got closer to George and kept stroking him and 'talking' to him. George kept getting really close to Henry but he knows not to lick him, he's been told enough times! It was so lovely, they were both so gentle.

I'm glad that Henry is starting to love his doggy friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment