Saturday 26 April 2014

Bishop Auckland Food Festival

Today we went along to Bishop
Auckland food festival. It was basically a huge farmers' market set up in the market place and castle grounds. There were loads of amazing stalls and plenty of tasters to try but it turns out that farmers' markets aren't the place to go when you can't have eggs or dairy. I literally couldn't eat a thing. I got excited when I saw a gourmet marshmallow stand which was advertising some dairy free marshmallows...until I remembered that marshmallows are made with egg white. 
In the end I shared a chorizo, meatball and butterbean casserole with Mr B for my lunch. But in hindsight even that probably had egg to bind the meatballs. Bad times.

Never mind, the lack of reflux and better sleep that we are now getting are totally worth it and it's not forever. Hopefully next year my little hen and I will be tucking in to all of the tasty cheese and cake samples.



No comments:

Post a Comment