Monday 14 April 2014

Cielo Blanco, Leeds

Yesterday the three of us went to Leeds for the day to have lunch with my cousin and his girlfriend who are at uni there. I love Leeds so much, I did my degree there and love going back.

The thing I've always loved about Leeds is the amazing restaurants that it has. I honestly don't think there's anywhere better in the UK outside of London. We ate at an independent Mexican restaurant called Cielo Blanco in Leeds Trinity. We had a sharing, taster type menu, here are a few pics from our lunch.

I started with a detox juice which was made from raspberries, cucumber, pomegranate, lemon, elderflower and soda. I love fresh juices and wish I had space for a juicer in our kitchen. Once Henry has finished having blended food I'm tempted to swap our current blender for a juicer instead.

Starter selection. Pulled pork and pineapple tacos, root vegetable empanadas, butternut squash and habanero chilli tacos, chicken and smoked salad quesadillas and rump steak, grilled cheese and salsa tostadas. 

Our next course was enchiladas. We were served 2 types; smokey chicken and grilled pepper and chargrilled root veg and black bean. I had the veggie one and it was so good.

Our next course was a chicken platter which was half a free range barbecoa chicken, achiote pollo pot stew, barbecued sweetcorn, charred peppers and onions, fresh salsas, guacamole, sour cream, rice and warm corn and wheat tortilla wraps. So tasty.

We finished with the only dessert on the menu. Traditional churros with warm chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

We also ended up getting strawberry daiquiris for free because the waiter made a mistake with our drinks order, so that was a bonus! They tasted amazing but were so strong, I'm not used to drinking these days!!

Overall it was a really tasty meal and definitely better than the usual chain Mexican restaurants. I'm looking forward to going back to Leeds soon for another tasty dinner. Henry was a really good boy all day, even though he was a little bit under the weather with a runny nose. It won't be long before he can trade his red pepper and lentil purée with a chicken fajita when we eat out!

No comments:

Post a Comment