Wednesday 30 April 2014

Dear Henry - April 2014

My little Pigwidgeon,

I can't believe April is over already. How did that happen? We've had another lovely month together. You're still being such a good boy and I love spending my days with you. I hear lots of people saying that being a mummy is such hard work but I love every second of it, it's all I've ever wanted to do so it doesn't feel like work to me. I love our little family so much. I can't wait for you to have brothers or sisters too, Mummy would like 5 babies but Daddy only wants 3. I wonder whether you'll have a brother or a sister or whether you'll be very lucky and have one of each. Who knows. For now we are making the most of every day with just you, our beautiful baby boy.

The weather is warming up now and you've had a couple of afternoons sitting in the garden. You like the feeling of the grass in your toes and looking at all the birds and flowers around you. It's lovely being able to take you on nice long walks in the sunshine too. We are going to Spain next week for your first ever holiday abroad. We can't wait! Before we had you, Mummy used to fill the suitcase with all of her pretty dresses and shoes. This time I'm taking the bare minimum because the case is so full of your clothes! You have so many lovely outfits packed, you will look gorgeous.

This month we found out that you're definitely allergic to dairy and eggs. I have a feeling you're allergic to soya too but we need to get proper tests done. Because I'm still breastfeeding you, I've cut all dairy and eggs out too. I don't mind cutting out all of these foods, I know that breastfeeding until you're 1 is best for you and in your whole life I will always only do what I think is best for you. I just wish I could take the allergies away and make them mine, little one. I really hope you grow out of them soon. 

The good news is your reflux has totally gone now that we've cut out the dairy and eggs. It's amazing. You're sleeping a little bit better and you seem so much more comfortable, especially at night. 

I can't believe another month is over and you're getting so big. Every night when you go to sleep I know that I love you so much and I couldn't love you any more if I tried. And then you wake up the next day and I love you just that tiny bit more. You are the very best thing that ever happened to me, sweetheart and I am so happy that I'm your mummy.

Until next month, baby boy.
Mummy xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment