Thursday 10 April 2014

Missing snuggles

We have been so super busy this week that we seem to have hardly had time for snuggles. We are rushing out on a morning and then coming in on an evening, having dinner and bath time and suddenly it's time for bed again. My niece is here all week staying with my mum which is why we've been busier than usual. It's been lovely taking Henry out and about, doing things that we don't usually do, but I have to be honest...I really miss snuggles with my little boy. Most days during the week we are in the house for at least few hours on our own, and a most of those hours are spent playing and cuddling and singing together. I've missed that this week. Tomorrow morning we are going to have a nice quiet morning together and we are going to cuddle in and enjoy it. Then we'll be ready for exciting adventures in the afternoon with Henry's big cousin and Marmar.

After I'd fed Henry this evening before bed I just kept him in my arms for an extra 10 minutes. Usually I put him straight down into his cot, but not tonight. Tonight I snuggled him in close, talked to him and told him how much I loved him, smelt his gorgeous hair, still damp from the bath. I kissed his sleepy eyelids and enjoyed every second of him. I love this little boy so much and I feel so very lucky to be his mummy.

1 comment: