Tuesday 16 December 2014

Dairy free rocky road - Blogmas Days 15 and 16

Sorry with the lack of blog post yesterday, I've totally failed with Blogmas haven't I?! I felt so poorly after work I ended up just going to bed at the same time as Henry and only remembered about my blog this morning. Never mind.

This afternoon Henry and I have been baking. I've attempted some dairy free rocky road and it's actually really good. If I was making this normally, I'd use really good chocolate and also amaretti biscuits, but neither of those are egg/dairy free so I've just had to make do. Its obviously not as good as the original version, but it's a real treat, particularly with the lack of Christmas treats in our house that Henry and I can actually eat.  

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients 

100g dark chocolate (check that it's Dairy Free)
200g dairy free 'milk' chocolate
150g margarine
3 tablespoons golden syrup
200g crushed digestive biscuits (Tesco's basics range is dairy free)
100g mini marshmallows (not all of these are egg/dairy free but Tesco's own are)
100g glacé cherries, halved
100g chopped brazil nuts 
100g sultanas 

Method

Melt the butter, syrup and chocolate together on a very low heat in a heavy bottomed saucepan.

Once melted, add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly.

Place in a lined brownie tin (or similar) and push down firmly.

Refrigerate for an hour before cutting and serving.



And finally, my last couple of advent calendar treats have been a YSL eye liner which I love and a Lancôme serum.



No comments:

Post a Comment