Tuesday 30 December 2014

Lunch date

This morning my little one and I were up early so we went sale shopping bright and early. We got some really good bargains and took a few Christmas presents back to exchange for different sizes. I bought so much stuff in age 2-3 for next winter and I can't get over the fact that I'm buying for a little boy now, not a baby. How sad. I actually bought a couple of things that he already has in bigger sizes because I love them so much, and when they're less than half price it's hard not to! Monsoon and Mothercare both had fab sales, Marks and Spencer and Next were both looking pretty bare but I bought some lovely jumpers in Next on Boxing Day so I've done pretty well this year. It seems silly to pay over £15 for a Christmas jumper next year when I can pay £7 now and just store it away until the winter. I do love a bargain. I also got Henry some new shoes in Clarks, he's now a size 4 and a half....my big growing boy.

Anyway after our shopping we went to Nando's for lunch and it's the first time I've ever eaten out on my own with Henry. I loved it. Just me and my gorgeous little man. I have to say the conversation was a bit one sided but Henry was so well behaved and loved his chicken and corn as usual. I just can't believe how old he is and how I can just take him out for lunch. It seems no time at all since we had to juggle a crying baby between us as we ate one handed, or when I'd have to wear breastfeeding friendly clothes for lunches out, knowing that a boob would be required at some point during the meal. To be fair, I do miss the days where he'd fall asleep and we could eat our desserts in peace! Oh well, you can't have it all, can you?


No comments:

Post a Comment