Wednesday 3 December 2014

What I Ate Wednesday - Feeding a cold - Blogmas Day 3

As the title says, I have a cold AGAIN! I'm thoroughly fed up of being ill and even more fed up of not being able to take any good, hard drugs..well Lemsip anyway! I've now been pregnant or breastfeeding for 2 whole years and I definitely miss having total control of what I put in to my own body. Henry is also ill and he's feeding loads which is obviously not helping me get any better but at least I know I'm helping him which is obviously the most important. Here's my WIAW...

Breakfast - 6:30am
Cheerios with Koko milk, a glass of Tropicana and a Berocca.

Breakfast #2 - 8:30am
Oh the joys of breastfeeding and being constantly starving, having a baby that doesn't sleep and being constantly tired and then adding a cold on top. Today was the type of day that required a stop at Sainsburys on the way in to work for a second breakfast. I had a smoothie, a tangerine and an oats and chocolate cereal bar.

Snack Time - 11am
A cup of lemon and ginger tea, an apple and 2 Oreos.

Lunch - 1pm
I always have lunch at my Mum's and today she'd roasted some duck legs so I had 2 shredded duck rolls. I would never make myself more than one sandwich which is exactly why my mum does. Apparently I don't look after myself, especially when I need to feed Henry too. Love my mum.
I then had a cup of tea with a piece of 'free from' rocky road.

Snack Time - 4pm
Once Henry and I had woken up from our nap, I had a carton of Ribena Plus Calcium which I have every day. I also ate half of Henry's mandarin which he had with a few Marmite rice cakes.

Dinner - 5:45pm
I made a big pan of bolognese for all of us which was just what I fancied. Proper comfort food. Henry and I then had some fresh pineapple and some pomegranate seeds for dessert.

Snack - 8:30pm
Once I'd got Henry to bed and Mr B had gone out to play football, I made myself a sofa nest and cracked open this little treat. A good way to end the day.

And that's it....an awful lot of food! Thank god for those breastfeeding calories. Let's hope we're feeling better in the morning.








No comments:

Post a Comment