Sunday 7 December 2014

Mummy Friends - Blogmas Day 7

Today was really lovely. I worked this morning but then got ready to meet my 3 mummy friends in Newcastle for our Christmas lunch. Mr B had Henry for the afternoon and they (bravely/stupidly) decided to go Christmas shopping while I was out. We had the set Christmas menu in Carluccio's and I washed it down with a few bellinis too; a perfect Sunday afternoon treat. It's definitely different to the days of meeting up in M&S cafe with a baby balanced precariously on each of our knees as we desperately attempted to sip our lattes without scalding the babies!
I met my mummy friends at our NCT classes and although they were expensive, it was worth every penny simply to have a group of like minded friends with babies exactly the same age. I never thought I'd have to pay to find friends but there you go!! We all get on so well and I feel that despite knowing each other for less than two years, we're all really close. There are things I'd tell them that I wouldn't tell any of my other friends and lets be honest, none of my other friends really want to chat about nappies, boobs and 5am wake ups. Even a few months makes a huge different in babies' development and it's lovely that all the boys are the same age and when we're really excited about a new word, a new trick or another tooth, we all get it. We're just as excited for one another. I used to think people were crazy to be proud of their child for doing boring little things but I totally get that now, and it's nice to be able to chat about that with my mummy friends rather than bore my single baby-free friends with such boring tales. After all, it's only a couple of years ago that I only really got excited about a new pair of Louboutins or a new Mulberry, I totally understand why my baby doing the Hokey Kokey won't interest anyone else. Oh how times change.
I think it's lovely that Henry has 3 little baby friends too; conveniently we all had boys. I really hope that we'll stay friends for years to come and we can tell our grown up boys all about the times we used to meet up when they were tiny babies and they can all roll their eyes together at their annoying, nostalgic, emotional mummies.

(No photos from lunch I'm afraid. We were way too busy chatting and eating)

My advent calendar treat for today is a Kiehl's moisturiser. I didn't realise before but noticed today that there's a new Kiehl's shop in Newcastle which looks super posh. May have to pop my head in next time I'm baby-free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment