Wednesday 13 August 2014

Birchbox review - August 2014

I was super excited to receive my dispatch email from Birchbox a couple of days ago and arrived home to find that it had been delivered earlier today while I was out. After last month's fab box I had high expectations, but I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed with this month's goodies. You can read last month's review here. Here's what I got this month...


Whish - Lavender body butter
This body butter smells amazing, it's not like an 'old granny's underwear drawer' lavender smell, it's really sweet and I can't wait to use it after my shower later. It retails at £14.50 though which I think is very expensive for a body lotion so I probably won't repurchase this unless it works absolute miracles on my skin.

Wild about Beauty - Creme eyeshadow
This is a shade of eyeshadow I'll definitely use. I always use my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette so I might try and use this alongside that. The packaging is really pretty too. The creme texture is really nice and it seems to go on easily so I'm looking forward to properly trying this out and seeing how long it lasts throughout the day.

Number 4 - Super comb prep and protect
I use straighteners on my hair every day, so it's always handy to have a protective spray. Although I'll get use out of this product, it's not the most exciting thing to receive and the packaging isn't great either.

Vasanti - Brighten Up! Face rejuvenator
This is an facial exfoliator that is supposed to give a renewed and refreshed complexion. I definitely need that after the sleepless nights I've had recently with my teething baby, but again it's not the most exciting product or particularly nice packaging or anything.

Supergoop! - Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream
I don't think I'll end up using this CC cream to be honest. I really like my current foundation and BB cream and both have them contain a decent SPF already. My skin tans pretty easily and it's not like there's much burning sun to contend with in England right now, so I'm not really looking for a higher SPF product.

The Proposal by Tasmina Perry - This month's lifestyle sample is a massive disappointment after the chia shots which I received last month (and have repurchased twice so far). It's a book sample, just the first chapter....one of my biggest bugbears in life! I LOVE reading, I LOVE a book I can't put down. I do not want to read 1 chapter and then get hooked and not be able to read on. Maybe it's just me, other people might love this idea but to me it's just annoying so I won't be reading this. God I sound so miserable don't I!?

As well as the items is a free Birchbox wash bag. It's really cute and will be useful for a few small items. I could probably use it in my baby bag for our toiletry items actually, as it's too small to use for make up.

I think the issue with this box is none of the brands really excite me. Aside from the eyeshadow, the packaging is really dull too...that's pretty shallow of me but I'm a sucker for anything in a pretty bottle! Like I say though, I'll get good use out of 4 of the products so it's not a complete waste. Hopefully next month will be a bit more exciting.


No comments:

Post a Comment