Thursday 14 August 2014

Would you rather...a sleeper or a snuggler?

If you had to choose between a child that slept for 12 hours every night or a child that loved snuggles, which would you choose?
Henry is a rubbish sleeper but he's an amazing snuggler. At least once a day we have cuddles on the sofa and he often puts his arms round my neck and gives me a big squeeze at random times throughout the day. I absolutely adore these moments and I'm so glad he's a cuddly child. One of my nephews is an amazingly cuddly child too and he's always looking for cuddles and kisses which we all really love. He gives proper squeezes and smooches and I hope Henry will still be like that in a few years. I know a lot of people who have babies that don't like to cuddle or won't sit still for long enough anyway. I'd really miss it if Henry was like this. It's not just me he likes to cuddle in to, he does it with his daddy and Marmar too and they love it as much as me. Often when Henry wakes up in the night I cuddle him in, breathe his divine smell and kiss his tired eyelids. I love these moments so much and if I had a sleeper, I wouldn't have them, so maybe the sleepless nights are worth it for the snuggles alone. 
So I might complain about the serious lack of sleep, but I wouldn't swap my snuggler for a sleeper any day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment