Tuesday 4 March 2014

I wish...

I was watching One Born Every Minute on TV this morning and got thinking. I wish, more than anything, that I could relive Henry's birth over and over. Not the labour part, not the contractions. Just the moment that I saw him for the first time. The moment that he was put onto my chest and the pain was completely forgotten and replaced by an almighty sense of love. I loved him so much from that very second.

Before we got married several people told us to take a minute to stand on our own and take everything in because the day would go so quickly. I really wish someone would have told me that about those few precious minutes after meeting my baby. I'd been so focused on the labour part that I hadn't really given a thought to when my baby finally arrived. It went too quickly and all I can remember is how happy I felt and how much I loved him. I just wish I could do it all again and remember every last second of those minutes...the best of my life.

I had a full hour 'skin-to-skin' time with Henry after they'd cleaned him up and it was perfect. The pictures from that hour are my very favourite. I look pale and tired and I have no make up on, but I remember how I felt and they are just magical. Here are a few of my favourites.


No comments:

Post a Comment