Wednesday 19 March 2014

Our day, in pictures

My poor baby's been having a pretty awful time with his reflux recently so we had an early start when he woke up screaming in pain and I couldn't settle him back down. We got up for a few hours and had breakfast and it looks like Henry has an allergy to cows' milk. It started last night with his face coming out in a nettle-like rash as soon as he'd had cows' milk for the first time with some porridge. We assumed it was the porridge but after trying milk mixed with banana this morning and porridge mixed with breast milk this evening...it looks like it's the cows' milk that's the problem. Here's his poor little eye covered in the hives after breakfast. It originally came out around his mouth and chest too but that cleared up pretty quickly.
Bizarrely he seems to be ok with cheese and yogurt so it seems to just be the proteins in actual milk that he's allergic to. Anyway, poor old Mummy is now cutting out dairy to see if that's what was causing his reflux to be so bad. We'll see how we get on and then we'll make an appointment to see the doctor to discuss it with them. I'm also going to have to up the expressing because I'll have to use breast milk in all of my cooking for Henry rather than cows' milk which was my original plan. Usually they recommend cows' milk after 6 months. He won't be able to have normal formula either.

Anyway we had a nap together which made everything better and then we went swimming with Marmar.
Henry loved it again, I'm going to try to take him more regularly and of course, he'll get lots of swimming time in Spain when we go in a few weeks.

Swimming made him especially tired, so after his lunch he had a nap and snuggle with me on the sofa which was lovely.

Then Daddy came home and I caught this cute picture of my 3 boys watching some tv together. George is always close to his Dad and he loves Henry so much too.


I made Henry his first proper dinner tonight, not just fruit and veggies. He had cheesy leek, sweet potato and cauliflower and he loved it!

After dinner I plonked Henry on the floor while I washed up and then I turned round to find these 2 little cuties watching tv together.

We've had bath time, a story, porridge for supper, snuggles and now my little one is fast asleep in his cot and I'm going to have an early one too as Mr B plays football on a Wednesday so it's always a good excuse for a super early night.



Hope you all had a lovely Wednesday wherever you are x

No comments:

Post a Comment