Monday 31 March 2014

Dear Henry (March 2014)

My little Pigwidgeon,

You're over 6 months now, where did the time go? It seems like only yesterday that I was in hospital cuddling you for the first time. I couldn't take my eyes off you for hours, you were so perfect and you still are, little one.

This month has been an exciting one. You can properly sit up now and you are so good at it. We've taken so many photos of you doing it you must be sick of us always having a camera in your face! You want to be off exploring but you can't crawl yet. You sit and rock until you get yourself onto your tummy but after that you get stuck. I think you get quite frustrated that there are things you want to see but you can't get to them.  You're still enjoying your bouncer though and you enjoy being up on your feet.

You have also really got the hang of this eating thing and you're loving it! Your favourite is probably yogurt with fruit purée at the moment. Mummy is loving making all of your purées and meals and I love having you at the table with me and Daddy at dinner time. You're allergic to cows' milk though which is a bit of a pain, you broke out in awful hives all over your little face when you had it. Hopefully you'll grow out of it, most babies do. In the meantime Mummy will just keep making her milk for you. I've stopped drinking cows' milk too, I think maybe it might help your reflux a little bit, it's worth a try.

We went to stay with your cousins in Essex last week and you had a lovely time. They love to share their toys with you and Auntie Amy gave you Finley's old bike for you to use in the summer. I'll take some pics for the blog soon. You were a really good boy while we are away, you always are. Daddy had to work so he couldn't come with us but he really missed you. I sent him lots of photos of you while we were away and you had huge smiles for him when we got home.

A lot of our friends have commented on how relaxed and content you are and it's true. You're happy to go to other people for cuddles and always have a huge smile for whoever you meet. You giggle all day now too which I just love.

Yesterday was my first ever Mothers' Day and I loved it. Daddy brought me my pressies in bed and you helped me to open them. You bought me a lovely picture and some treats for me to have a nice quiet bath on my own. You and Daddy went to Starbucks to buy my breakfast and then I took you downstairs for your breakfast. We went to Marmar's for a roast dinner and then had a lovely quiet night in together. It was the best first Mothers' Day in the world. Being a mummy is amazing.

I love our life at the moment little one, we spend every day together, some are lovely and quiet, others exciting and busy...I love them all and I love watching you grow. We are so excited for the future together as a little family and can't wait to see you grow up. We are so glad that you are ours.

Until next month my gorgeous boy,
Mummy xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment