Monday 3 March 2014

Weaning update :-)

We've now done a full week of solids and it's going well. We've had a few mishaps along the way, like my brand new blender breaking after 3 seconds, leaving me with a bowl of half blended parsnips that needed mashing and sieving (what a mission). Then there was the giant swede that I decided to cook which resulted in more swede purée than I thought could even be possible! My freezer is now full of ice cube trays filled with swede, I'll be mixing swede in with every meal Henry has until he's 1 at this rate. Common sense would have told me to only cook a small wedge of swede...but common sense was never something that I had huge amounts of, so hey ho!

Last week Henry tried banana, apple, pear, carrot, parsnip and swede. 

On the menu this week is papaya, avocado, peach, nectarine, sweet potato, butternut squash, potato and mango. Delicious.

I'm finding that I have to be super organised and work out what I'm cooking each day and if I'll be out at meal time, I'm taking along a small pot of purée, a spoon and a bib; I feel like a proper mummy. I have to say, I'm absolutely loving it.

 


2 comments:

  1. Last week's biggest hits were banana, apple and pear so I can safely predict this coming week's will be papaya, peach, nectarine and mango. A sweet toothed boy if ever there was one. Love him dearly. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would anyone choose a carrot over a mango, let's be honest! X

    ReplyDelete