Thursday 27 March 2014

Why I love being Auntie Bee

There are three little children in the world who know me as Auntie Bee. I love those three babies so much. I love that being an auntie is different to being a mummy.
Whereas with Henry I am aware that I don't want to spoil him as he grows up, I totally spoil these three without a worry...I leave the worrying to their mummy and daddy. I can buy them the expensive shoes that they want, popcorn at the cinema and treats if they've been good. I can let them stay up a bit later, eat cakes before their dinner and if they ask for ridiculously overpriced olives in M&S as Mimi did the other night, I don't say no. 

I'm aware that it's probably really irritating as a parent to have someone coming along ruining all your hard work, but I think it's just one of those things and The Nod is showing signs of doing the same for the little hen, he's definitely a spoilt boy already.

I love that Henry has 3 big cousins that love him so much too. They pull faces at him, show him their toys and kiss him. They also sit him in boxes and put paper hats on his head all day, but he doesn't seem to mind!!
I grew up seeing my cousins all the time and it's lovely that we are all close now we are grown up. I'm glad Henry can have the same. I know it won't be long before we are dropping the three boys off at the pub to watch the football and I know that Mimi is really hoping for a little pink baby Barker to be her BFF one day too.

Happy family days :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment