Wednesday 23 July 2014

44 Happy Summer Days - Days 1-5

I have 44 whole days off this summer before starting a new term at work and I'm determined to make the most of them. I've obviously always loved my holidays, it's one of the very best parts of being a teacher, but in the past I've wasted so many days lying around in my PJs watching old reruns of the Kardashians. I'm determined not to waste a single day this summer, PJ afternoons can wait until September. I've therefore decided to do a short blog post every day of what we've been up to. It'll be lovely to look back on throughout the long, dreary winter that we're sure to have and also in years to come to remember Henry's first very happy summer. Obviously I'm starting this a bit late, on day 5, so this first post will contain the first 5 days...I'll keep them short.

Day 1
A quiet day doing lots of cooking for tasty treats for Henry to eat over the summer. The freezer is full to bursting. We had tasty Chinese takeaway for tea with Marmar and Parpar too.

Day 2
A lovely, lazy morning at home and then we went to Bonsai Bonbons for some sweeties and to Starbucks for lunch. The plan was to go and see the deer afterwards but Henry fell asleep so we just came home. 

Day 3
A gorgeous sunny day spent at the farm. We loved feeding the animals, petting the guinea pigs, riding on the tractor, eating ice lollies and eating our lunch outside. An afternoon then spent in the garden enjoying the sunshine and paddling pool.

Day 4
Another gorgeous sunny day. The three of us went to Tiger Bill's for lunch and then Henry and I went to meet my friends and their children for the afternoon. Henry loved playing in the garden with all the other children and ended up having to come home in his nappy because his clothes were soaked through after playing with the water outside! He then enjoyed the sunshine in our garden at home before bedtime.


Day 5
A very lazy morning for us all and then we went to Durham for a wander, lunch and some drinks in the sunshine. Henry was an angel the entire time and particularly enjoyed his first taste of 'ice cream' - albeit a dairy free version that we discovered in Holland and Barratt. We then came home for ice lollies, paddling pool and playing in the garden and then dinner al fresco. What could be better?




No comments:

Post a Comment