Saturday 19 July 2014

Cooking for baby


I love to cook, there's nothing nicer than spending the afternoon in the kitchen cooking for my family. My whole family love food, growing up we owned a pub and we were surrounded by foodies. My mum and dad are both great cooks, as are both of my grandmothers. We ate out  several times a week and grew to love food from an early age...it's no wonder I'm always fighting a losing battle with my weight!! I married Mr B who was a massive foodie too, growing up in a Spanish family he always ate proper home cooked meals and loved eating out as much as me. Hopefully Henry will develop our love of food...but hopefully a faster metabolism than his mummy and daddy!!

I love cooking for Henry more than anyone. I spent an hour this morning making a few meals for him for the freezer. I gave him some of the turkey, vegetable and tomato couscous for his lunch and he loved it. He's never had it before and I'm actually going to make some for the whole family this week because it was so tasty and so healthy too. I love knowing that Henry's had a decent meal, full of fresh vegetables and good meat...it turns out I'm a bit of a feeder like my mum! I'm also now obsessed with making sure Henry gets enough calcium because he can't have any dairy apart from breastmilk, so I'm adding curly kale and other green veggies to everything! Sesame is another great source of calcium so houmous is another regular in our house at the moment.



I also sorted out Henry's drawer in the freezer earlier and in there are now plenty of Henry's favourite home cooked dinners...
•Beef and vegetable casserole
•Cod and spinach pie
•Red pepper and lentil casserole
•Turkey, red lentil and vegetable bake
•Pasta in tomato, basil and vegetable sauce
•Turkey, vegetable and tomato couscous
•Cod, salmon and haddock with mixed vegetable mash

I really thought it'd be a pain having to cook Henry meals and thought I'd end up using a lot more jars and pouches by this stage, but I can honestly say that I love it. Luckily he's a really good eater, he'll eat anything and looks like he enjoys it too. I can imagine there's nothing worse than slaving over a hot stove only to have a baby who refuses to open his mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment