Monday 7 July 2014

Healthy ice lollies for babies - recipe

I bought a baby ice lolly mould months ago but never got round to using it until this weekend. The mould has little looped handles that are perfect for little hands which was great, I'm not sure Henry would be very good at holding a stick just yet. Obviously ice lollies from the supermarket tend to be packed full of additives, colouring and sugar so I want to avoid them as much as possible while Henry is so little.

All I did for these lollies was to blend together some watermelon and strawberries that we had in the fridge. You could add a touch of icing sugar if you wanted but the fruit is so naturally sweet at this time of year I didn't need to. 
I then poured it into the mould and put them in the freezer overnight. Henry had the leftover juice in his sippy cup which he loved. 

At snack time yesterday, after Henry had had demolished his pitta bread with hummus, I decided to see what he would make of the lollies....he absolutely loved them! I tasted them too and they were so good, I think I'll make some for myself next time. 

Poor old Henry had his first case of brain freeze which resulted in this amazing photo, I had to laugh!!

So overall a really simple thing to make, but a lovely treat for the summer months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment