Friday 11 July 2014

Birchbox review - July 2014

They say good things come in small packages and that's certainly true of this month's Birchbox. The boxes are a lot smaller than I expected but filled with lots of little treats.
 My first ever Birchbox arrived this afternoon as a little treat for the weekend and I was excited to open it to find out what I'd received.
The actual box isn't particularly exciting but inside is a cute little bag containing this month's products.
Now for the good bit, here's what I received...
Benefit - The Pore fessional
I've wanted to try this product for ages but it's pretty pricey and I wasn't sure how necessary it was. I have large pores on my t zone and this is supposed to be amazing at covering them, so I'm really looking forward to trying this this month.

Soigné - Nail lacquer in Pomegranate
This gorgeous nail varnish came in such a pretty box and it's in a gorgeous shade. Think I'll try this on my toes over the weekend, I love a good nail varnish.

Laqa & Co - lip lube pencil in Bees Knees
This looks like a cool lip pencil but it's in a bit of an odd shade. It might be ok for summer though so I'll definitely try it out.

Balance Me - wonder eye cream
I've tried lots of Balance Me products in the past, mainly in Glossybox or free samples in magazines. I'm always looking for a good eye cream but I've never found one that truly works or has a noticeable effect so I'll definitely be interested to see if this one is any different.

Compagnie de Provence - Mediterranean Sea hand cream 
I'm hopeless at remembering to put on hand cream. I have a little collection at home that I've bought with good intentions, and then never got round to using for longer than a week. This one has a very subtle smell so I'm not sure I'll be super excited about using it which doesn't bode well considering my previous habits with hand cream. I have a much nicer Molton Brown rhubarb and rose one on the go at the moment which I think I'll still be choosing over this one. 

The Chia Co - chia shots 
I love that Birchbox always has a little lifestyle extra and this month it's chia seeds. I've seen SO much on social media about chia recently so I'm looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about. Chia is the highest combined source of omega 3, fibre and protein as well as containing many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It is virtually tasteless so it is supposed to be added to porridge, yogurt, cereal or salad every day for a healthy boost. 

So overall I'm really pleased with everything I received in my box this month. If there are any products I'm really particularly impressed with I'll do a separate blog post, but otherwise I'll just update this post once I've tried everything properly.

If you want to subscribe to Birchbox it costs £10 a month and you can do so here:
http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=49780If you use the link above you will also get 50 free points which can be used to get £5 off in the online shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment