Tuesday 29 July 2014

I love being 'Mamama'

My summer holidays before Henry were spent relaxing and unwinding after 3 long school terms. I could get up when I liked, watch whatever tv I liked, go wherever I liked, when I liked, eat in peace without being on choking baby watch and I certainly didn't have a little face covered in houmous face planting into me at mealtimes like I do these days. I really loved my life.

These days my day is entirely based around a little human. What time we get up, what's on tv, where we go that day, who we see, what we eat, when we eat, how we eat (very messily)...you get the idea. This holiday so far I've been to farms, swimming, soft play and parks, I haven't spent one hour lying on the sofa in my PJs, haven't had one leisurely shopping trip to the Metro Centre and there certainly hasn't been a relaxing mealtime for weeks now.

But do you know what? I absolutely love it. I wouldn't swap our life for the world. I thought that 6am wake ups would be horrendous, but one look at the cheeky face waking me up is enough to make me smile. The pleasure I feel when Henry's eaten well totally outweighs the mess and stress caused by mealtime and the time spent making him healthy dinners. The look of delight on his little face when he sees the pigs and cows, when he's in the swings or on the slide is more than enough to make the whole day one of my best ever. The bedtime sleepy snuggle is enough to cancel out the tiredness I may feel from running around after him all day, and his gorgeous little face when he's sleeping makes every night feed worth it. The pride I felt when he learnt to crawl was more than worth the messy house, the baby proofing and irritating stair gates. When he puts his arms around my neck and kisses me with his mouth wide open I truly feel like the luckiest woman alive. Honestly, I look back and think how meaningless and boring our lives were before. I adore being Henry's mama, he is my absolute everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment