Tuesday 1 July 2014

Pay Day Treat Day

Yesterday I got my first proper wage for the first time in ages and it felt pretty damn good! Ok, so it wasn't as much a usual because I've dropped my hours by a third, but it was considerably more than maternity pay. Shame that most of it has somehow disappeared overnight into an abyss of mortgage payments, house, car and life insurance, union membership, contact lens direct debit...I could go on but quite frankly it doesn't make me sound very rock n roll does it?!
Before having a mortgage and a baby, payday meant hitting the shops and going out for dinner somewhere posh. Unfortunately that just can't happen anymore. We have less money coming in and way more to buy. Who knew little people cost so much?! Because of this, I've decided that I'm going to treat myself just once a month after pay day to something small. It might be a top or some make up, maybe a pair of shoes if I'm very lucky. I think it's important to feel like I can still treat myself after a long month of work, even if it is only a nail varnish that I've been wanting for a while.

This month I bought myself a concealer I've wanted to try for a while. It was only £5.99 but I've read really good things on beauty blogs so I'm looking forward to trying it. I have a feeling I may have bought the wrong shade though, I hate the lighting and mirrors in shops, it's impossible to tell which shade to buy. Nevermind, will see how it looks in the morning.


I've also subscribed to Birchbox. It's basically a monthly beauty subscription box and I'm excited to receive my first one next week. I subscribed to Glossybox for a couple of years but cancelled it recently. I was so disappointed with their recent boxes and wanted to try more 'high-end' make up and beauty samples. I think my last Glossybox was a special Superdrug box which says it all really! Birchbox is only £9.99 a month which is cheap for what always feels like an exciting treat to come home to on delivery day. I'll write a blog post once I receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment