Wednesday 30 July 2014

What We Ate Wednesday

Breakfast
I love breakfast time sitting at the table together. When I'm at work during the week Henry has his breakfast with my mum and at the weekend I have a lie in so Henry tends to eat with his daddy. I'm really enjoying having breakfast together with my lovely boy every day.

Me - I had mini shredded wheats with organic Rice Dream milk and I also sprinkled on a tablespoon of chia seeds and sesame seeds which are a really good source of calcium. I had Twinings Rose Garden tea to drink.

Henry - Henry had Ella's Kitchen strawberry, mango and banana porridge with organic Rice Dream milk.


Snack Time
We went to Brocksbushes farm to pick berries this morning so stopped in their cafe for a quick snack. The cakes looked amazing but there were no dairy free offerings, so I had to make do with a Diet Coke and a couple of dairy free Enjoy Life cookies that we had with us. Henry had one too and then we both had a few cheeky strawberries and raspberries when we were out picking.

Lunch
We were going to have a picnic at the farm but it started to rain as we finished strawberry picking so we decided to come home and have an indoor picnic on our living room floor. My niece thought this was great fun but actually it was just very messy!

Me - I had a chicken, salad and basil sandwich and salt and vinegar crisps.
Henry - Henry had a tuna sandwich, carrot stick crisps, blackberries and watermelon.


Dinner 
We met friends for a nice walk and then dinner at Sorella Sorella, a lovely independent Italian restaurant near Gateshead, and only about 15 minutes from our house. 

Me - I had panzanella salad to start, supreme of chicken with Italian beans and rocket salad for my main and sour cherry and amaretto sorbet for my dessert. It was all so good.
Henry - We ordered Henry a children's portion of spaghetti in tomato and basil sauce. He absolutely loved it and managed to eat loads of it too. He also had some watermelon, blueberries and rice cakes to keep him busy while we ate. 

Supper
Henry - Before bed Henry had another small bowl of porridge but he was still quite full from his dinner so didn't need much.
Me - I had a hot chocolate while I watched some tv once Henry was asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment