Tuesday 22 July 2014

July Favourites

I'm going to try and do a 'favourites' post each month from now on. I really enjoy seeing these on other people's blogs and thought it'd be fun to do a mummy version of my own so it'll include all kinds of favourites from baby products to tasty food, make-up to new clothes.

I am loving this nail varnish that I received in my Birchbox this month. It's non-toxic too which is great, especially if I'm applying it around Henry and you never know about toxic products when breastfeeding too. I love the colour, it's called pomegranate and it's a perfect shade of red.

I  discovered rice milk this month and I really like it. I was finding expressing for Henry's cooking and porridge really hard work so I'm also using it for him too. I've been buying the added calcium version which contains the same amount of calcium as cows' milk, so at least I know we are both getting lots of calcium without having any dairy. I've tried almond, soya, oat and coconut milk but I definitely prefer rice milk. It hasn't got a strong flavour at all so is most like cows' milk and therefore great on cereal and in tea. As nice as almond milk is, it's just so wrong in a nice cup of Yorkshire tea!

This is by far the best item I've found from a 'free from' range in a supermarket. I definitely recommend Asda's Rocky Road whether you can have dairy or not, they are divine!!

Clarks is another one of my favourites this month. I was so impressed with their service for children's shoes when we took Henry for the first time this month. Because it was his first ever pair of shoes they took a photo of him and we got that to take home too. Even though the shop was really busy they took loads of time over us and really made sure that the shoes fit and were going to be comfy. They are expensive, but it's so important to have well-fitting shoes on those gorgeous growing feet so I think we'll be sticking with Clarks for the time being.

I am loving Estée Lauder's Double Wear BB cream. I usually wear their Double Wear foundation because the coverage is amazing, but in this heat I hate wearing lots of make up and there's nothing worse than a full face of foundation melting in the sun! This BB cream is a perfect summer base, nowhere near as thick as foundation but still gives good coverage and SPF too.

No comments:

Post a Comment