Friday 31 January 2014

Dear Henry (January 2014)

My little Pigwidgeon,

I decided to write you a letter at the end of every month on my blog so we can look back at them together one day when you are a big boy. If I wrote them on paper I'd no doubt lose them so at least if they are written here we will always have them.

You are now 19 weeks old and weigh over 18 pounds! Mummy hasn't taken you to be weighed recently because we've been so busy. I'm still breastfeeding you and you are still refusing a bottle. You are even more stubborn than me and you scream and scream if we try to give you milk from a bottle or cup. I love feeding you though. I love that we get to cuddle up together and I can make everything better. I even love night feeds sometimes. I lie awake looking out of the window and I love that it's just us awake. One day I will be lying awake, looking out of the window worrying about where you are and hoping you'll soon be home. Don't grow up too fast little one.

Mummy and Daddy's lives have changed so much since we had you. You've changed so much too. 19 weeks ago ago you were a tiny little thing with little skinny legs, now you're just so big and gorgeous. Those skinny little legs are now covered with perfect chubby rolls and you coo and talk all day long. 

This month you've started being more interested in the tv and Daddy loves getting up with you early on a weekend and watching cartoons with you. Mummy even took you to a special baby cinema screening last week with your little baby friends. It was all about Nelson Mandela, I'll tell you more about him when you are bigger. You were a good boy in the cinema, I love taking you out with me.

Uncle Jon seems to be your favourite person at the moment, when you see him he makes you laugh and laugh...you watch him all the time when he's in the room, hoping he'll look at you and give you some attention. Your cousins love you too, especially Zach. We went to stay in Essex with them for the first time last week and you were a very good boy. All of our lovely friends enjoyed meeting you and you got some lovely presents too, such a lucky boy.

You have started rolling this month and you always want to be on your feet. Although I love that you are so strong and learning new things, it also makes me sad that you aren't a little baby anymore, you don't want to be rocked in people's arms or cuddled in...you just want to be off exploring. We are going to start you with some food next month so I'll tell you all about that in February's letter. I'm getting excited about making all of your purées. I think I might turn into a bit of a feeder like your Marmar!

Talking of Marmar, she loves you so much too. We see her most days and she misses you on the days that we don't see her. She sings you Nellie the Elephant and Clap a hands, you love it. She tells you stories about picnics in the summer, we can't wait till it's a bit warmer and we can go to the park with you. Your Parpar and Grandad love you too, everyone thinks you're just perfect. You met your great Nan at your christening and you've seen Great Gran Rose too. She thinks you're a very clever boy because you love reading books with Mummy. Your favourite is the Gruffalo, when we read it you 'talk' to the pictures, you can barely hear Mummy reading the words.

This month you've started noticing your little doggy friends more. George at home, Max at Marmar's and Lottie at Auntie Amy and Uncle Jon's house. You've started batting your hand around when George walks near you so you can stroke him and he's very gentle with you, all of the doggies are.

Anyway my little mouse, I better go because I am currently lying in bed with you after your nap and you are bored now. We are going to get up and dressed and go to baby massage class. Hopefully you'll be a good boy and not wriggle around too much!

I love you so much sweetheart, more and more every day. I am so glad that you are mine.
Mummy xxx


1 comment: