Tuesday 21 January 2014

Writers'/Writer's block...

I have writer's block and to top it off, I can't work out where the apostrophe should go.

Is it a singular writer (me) or writers in general (plural)??? Google doesn't have the answer so I will continue to ponder this some more while I consider my next blog post.

I'm finding this blogging thing a bit weird. I've had over 500 views of my post about  smug mummies, yet in terms of any feedback I only have a comment from my mum and friend at the bottom of the post. I know this is the point in blogging but I just find it a bit bizarre. People might think I talk a load of crap and totally disagree with everything I write...and I wouldn't know. I find it odd that when I check the stats of my blog I can see that someone reads my blog from Serbia (hi to that person, whoever you are!) but I don't know anything about that person. Maybe I care too much about what people think? I don't know.

I'm trying to work out who I'm writing for. It started out as a blog just for me to record our year and as an outlet for thoughts and rants...but then 500 people read a post and now I'm aware of who is reading and what they're thinking and it seems to have become a blog for other people. And if that's the case, what do I write about? Do people really care what I have to say about weaning or what I think about the education policy in this country? Do they really want to see pictures of our weekend or what I had for dinner?

Hmm, I'm not sure I'm cut out for this blogging lark. Leave me a comment below if you have any answers or if you know where the apostrophe goes in the title...

2 comments:

  1. Keep blogging. I love them. Think it's writers' block. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondering too. Since it’s your individual block, I’d think it’s writer’s. But if we’re referring to it as the term it might be a general writers’ block. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete