Friday 10 January 2014

Friday night baking

After a lovely nap (thanks Muma) I decided to do some baking. I haven't managed to do any since having Henry and got a couple of new cookbooks for christmas, so finally settled on double chocolate and pecan brownies for our Friday night treat. Here are a few pics


My little sous chef enjoyed being up on the bench in his chair with his wooden spoon and flour...I made the most of being the one to lick the spoon at the end. Don't think it'll be long before Henry wants it!!

Here are our finished brownies

It sounds really silly but baking made me feel like me again. For the last 4 months I've just been Mummy...doing things that Henry would enjoy all day. Today was the first time we've done something that I enjoy...he was a good boy helping his mummy so I'm sure we'll do lots of baking together soon.

Have a lovely weekend xxx

1 comment:

  1. You have years of baking together ahead. Enjoy it all. I did. X

    ReplyDelete