Wednesday 8 January 2014

Injection day

Henry had his second lot of injections this morning. He was very brave this time considering he had a needle in both legs and a dose of rotavirus in his mouth too! Poor baby.

My current doctors surgery is fantastic, so well organised and I feel so lucky that we live in a country with such an amazing health service. Despite the well reported cut-backs and staff shortages, I've always been so well looked after and I appreciate it so much more now that I have Henry.

The only decision I had make was whether or not to give Henry the vaccines (I never considered for a second not to). In many places around the world vaccinations simply aren't an option for everyone. In most countries people will have to consider the cost and whether they can afford to give them to their child.

Henry is also taking infant gaviscon for his reflux and I know that it's completely free and I can collect it any time I like. I can't imagine the anguish you'd go through if you had a baby crying in pain but not being able to afford to take them to a doctor, especially for much more serious illnesses.

The injections seem to have made the little hen sleepy so I'm off to make the most of it and get on with some housework, such an exciting life I lead! x



No comments:

Post a Comment